2021 MCIT Coverage Update
The live webinar “2021 MCIT Coverage Update” focuses on changes in coverage taking effect in 2021, particularly to Cyber Suite coverage, and common questions about coverage. This webinar includes a Q&A session at the end. Members may submit general questions about coverage to presenters prior to the live event at email@example.com. Include “question for coverage review” in the subject line.
If members cannot attend the live “2021 MCIT Coverage Update,” they can view a recording posted to MCIT.org/coverage-reviews/ at a later date.
Who Should Attend?
The session is appropriate for all member types and is required for all county members to view. The primary contact or designee for each county member must view the “2021 MCIT Coverage Update” and return a signed coverage acknowledgement record to MCIT acknowledging he or she participated in the webinar and MCIT has provided opportunities to learn about coverage.
All employees and officials who deal with MCIT coverage are encouraged to attend the live webinar. This may include:
- MCIT primary contact
- county attorney
- risk manager
- entity director
Materials for the Coverage Update
How to Join the Coverage Update
This webinar is facilitated through the GoToWebinar platform. To attend, complete the registration form and then use the link e-mailed to you to join the event Jan. 21. MCIT recommends that you log in 10-15 minutes before the session’s start time to ensure that you have time for your system to connect.
GoToWebinar Attendee Tips
For those who are attending a virtual event using the GoToWebinar platform for the first time or it’s been a while, MCIT recommends that you review short instructions from GoToWebinar before the event to help orient yourself to the platform. View GoToWebinar Attendee Guide …
FAQs about Coverage Reviews
1. Do I need special software to attend the webinar?
No, but you will need to allow GoToWebinar to operate on your computer temporarily (just during the event). If prompted while logging in to the webinar, click “yes,” “grant,” “trust,” etc. to accept the download.
2. How do I submit a question during the webinar?
Use the chat feature in the GoToWebinar panel that appears on your screen after you have joined the session. Just type your question in the message field, then click send.
3. Are there separate coverage review webinars for SWCDs and agricultural societies?
Yes. A recorded-only Agricultural Society Coverage Review and a recorded-only SWCD Coverage Review are available that discuss coverage current as of 2020 relative to the most common risk exposures for these entity types. Members can access the recordings here … To learn about changes to coverage for 2021, agricultural societies and SWCDs are encouraged to attend/view the “2021 MCIT Coverage Update” (see above).
4. I didn't receive registration information, but I would like to attend. How do I register?
You can do one of the following:
- Ask your MCIT primary contact to send you the registration link and materials.
- Use the registration link provided above.
- See question 8 below for the registration URL.
5. I am a county and must send acknowledgement of MCIT Coverage Review opportunities. Where do I find the 2021 Coverage Acknowledgement Record form?
Download the Coverage Acknowledgement Record now or access during the webinar in GoToWebinar panel in the Materials section.
6. My organization is not a county government. Do I need to return the Coverage Acknowledgement Record or inform MCIT in some other way that I have participated in the webinar?
No, proof of attendance is not required.
7. Can I register on the day of the webinar?
Yes; however, there are a limited number of attendees for the live Coverage Update. You are encouraged to register early.
8. The buttons to register are not working, what do I do?
You can do one of two things:
- Choose the File tab from your Outlook toolbar, then Options, then Mail. Under Compose Messages, select HTML next to “Compose messages in this format.” Re-open the e-mail. The buttons should now work.
- Click or paste the following URL for the “2021 MCIT Coverage Update” webinar into the address bar of your Internet browser: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5006256072770323981
9. What do I do if I cannot attend the live coverage update webinar?
You can watch the recorded session. Log in to MCIT.org and go to the Coverage Reviews page to view.
10. Are the Coverage Reviews and Update closed captioned?
The live event will not have closed captions, but the posted recordings of webinars include closed captions.
11. I registered, but how do I join the live event?
You must use the specific URL (link) sent to you in the confirmation e-mail you receive after you register for the live coverage update. The link is also sent in the reminder e-mails.
If you have lost or deleted these e-mails, contact MCIT Communications Manager Heather Larson-Blakestad at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.866.547.6516 for assistance.
12. My colleagues want to attend the webinar. Can I forward the “join webinar” link that I received in my confirmation e-mail to them?
No. Each attendee receives a unique URL (link) for the live webinar. Your colleagues must register separately to be able to participate. Send your co-workers the registration link available in question 8 above instead.
Fees may be submitted at any time. They need not accompany your registration form. An invoice will be issued for any fees not paid by the training session date. If you require a signed voucher to submit payment, please forward it to MCIT. We do not accept credit cards.
Cancellation Policy: Individuals registered for training sessions will not be billed for cancellations made at least one week prior to the session. Cancellations received after the deadline will be billed for the entire registration fee.