Ethics and Public Purpose Doctrine for Public Entities (Risk Management Workshop)
Following ethics and the public purpose doctrine is key to maintaining the public’s trust in the organization and ensuring that business is conducted properly. This session explores these areas and provides practical tips for ensuring that employees act ethically and follow the doctrine every day.
Who Should Attend?
This session is designed for
- Administrators/coordinators, executive directors
- Department heads
- Human resource professionals
- Click here to complete the registration form to attend the virtual workshop. Complete all required fields.
- If registering for someone else, complete the form using the attendee’s contact information (e-mail, phone number, etc.)
- See details below about how to join the event virtually on Oct. 27.
- Contact MCIT Communications Manager at 1.866.547.6516 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Join the Virtual Workshop
The virtual workshop is facilitated through the GoToWebinar platform. To attend:
- Complete the registration form using the attendee’s contact information.
- Use the link e-mailed to you to join the event. The e-mail is automatically generated after you complete the registration form and comes from the GoToWebinar system. If you do not get the confirmation e-mail, check your junk inbox.
- MCIT recommends that you log in 10-15 minutes before the session’s start time to ensure that you have time for your system to connect.
GoToWebinar Attendee Instructions and Tips
For those who are attending a virtual event using the GoToWebinar platform for the first time or it has been a while, MCIT recommends that you review short instructions from GoToWebinar before the event to help orient yourself to the platform. View GoToWebinar Attendee Guide …
Note: Functioning computer speakers may be needed to hear portions of the broadcast webinar. Some sound may not not be available for those who join using a phone for audio.
FAQs about Virtual Training
Do I need special software to attend the virtual workshop?
No, but you will need to allow GoToWebinar to operate on your computer temporarily (just during the event). If prompted while logging in to the webinar, click “yes,” “grant,” “trust,” etc. to accept the download.
How do I submit a question during the virtual workshop?
Use the Question feature in the GoToWebinar panel that appears on your screen after you have joined the session. Just type your question in the message field, choose to send to presenters and organizers, and then click send.
My colleagues want to attend the virtual workshop. Can I forward the “join webinar” link that I received in my confirmation e-mail to them?
No. Each attendee receives a unique URL (link) for the live virtual workshop. Your colleagues must register separately to be able to participate. Send your co-workers the registration link instead.
Fees may be submitted at any time. They need not accompany your registration form. An invoice will be issued for any fees not paid by the training session date. If you require a signed voucher to submit payment, please forward it to MCIT. We do not accept credit cards.
Cancellation Policy: Individuals registered for training sessions will not be billed for cancellations made at least one week prior to the session. Cancellations received after the deadline will be billed for the entire registration fee.