Managing the Human Resource
$110 per person for MCIT members
$150 per person for non-MCIT members
This event is full. We are no longer accepting registrations.
“Managing the Human Resource” explores topics related to the risks employees pose to a public employer and how to manage them.
- Hiring: recruiting, job applications, background checks, interviewing and orientation
- Employee training and evaluation: probationary periods, periodic re-orientation and employee evaluations
- Discipline, discharge and resignation: incompetence, misconduct, performance improvement plans and termination
- Personnel data practices: collection and storage, dissemination and purging
- Personnel issues and the Open Meeting Law: performance evaluations, discipline, negotiations and internal investigations
- Employer obligations and employee rights: Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with
- Disabilities Act, Veterans Preference Act and Human Rights Act
This training is a must for anyone whose job requires making employment and personnel decisions in a public-sector environment, especially those new to this role, including department heads, managers and supervisors. It is not intended for the seasoned human resource professional.
- May 9: Registration 8:30 a.m. Training 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- May 10: Registration 8:30 a.m. Training 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Questions about registration: Contact MCIT at email@example.com or 1.866.547.6516, ext. 6416.
- Questions about the seminar: Contact MCIT Communications Manager Heather Larson-Blakestad at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.866.547.6516, ext. 6430
- Download complete event brochure: Managing the Human Resource brochure
Fees may be submitted at any time. They need not accompany your registration form. An invoice will be issued for any fees not paid by the training session date. If you require a signed voucher to submit payment, please forward it to MCIT. We do not accept credit cards.
Cancellation Policy: Individuals registered for training sessions will not be billed for cancellations made at least one week prior to the session. Cancellations received after the deadline will be billed for the entire registration fee.