Workers’ Compensation Workshops (Virtual)
9 a.m.-noon and 1-3:30 p.m.
The workers’ compensation system and related workplace safety requirements can sometimes feel overwhelming or confusing, especially for those who do not encounter it frequently. The no-cost MCIT virtual Workers’ Compensation Workshops are here to help demystify it.
The workshops offer clear explanations and provide practical tips and tools to help members manage their workers’ compensation obligations. Each workshop gives time for attendees to ask questions, and breaks are included.
The morning workshop (9-11:30 a.m.) covers what members need to know about:
- Work-related injury/illness reporting
- Workplace injury hotline
- Reporting more serious injuries
- Employee communication
- Temporary prescription forms
- Incident and near miss investigations
- Reasons for investigations and how to conduct an effective investigation, including the safety committee’s role
- OSHA 300 reporting and recordkeeping
- Determination of benefits
- Roles and responsibilities of claim participants
The afternoon workshop (1-3 p.m.)addresses:
- Creating a safety-informed workplace
- Safety committee requirements, purpose and benefits
- Increasing employee engagement and supervisor support
- Role of the Employee Assistance Program for injured employees
- Emerging topics and trends in workers’ compensation
The workshops are designed for those staff who intersect with workers’ compensation situations, such as:
- Designated workers’ compensation contact for MCIT
- Human resources professionals
- County administrators/coordinators or organization executive directors
- Department heads, managers and supervisors
How to Join the Workshop
The Workers’ Compensation Workshops are facilitated through the GoToWebinar platform. To attend, complete the registration form for each session once they are posted and then use the links e-mailed to you to join the events. MCIT recommends that you log in 10-15 minutes before the session’s start time to ensure that you have time for your system to connect.
- Registration links for the workshops will be provided soon!
GoToWebinar Attendee Instructions and Tips
For those who are attending a virtual event using the GoToWebinar platform for the first time or it’s been a while, MCIT recommends that you review short instructions from GoToWebinar before the event to help orient yourself to the platform. View GoToWebinar Attendee Guide …
FAQs about Virtual Training
Do I need special software to attend the virtual meeting?
No, but you will need to allow GoToWebinar to operate on your computer temporarily (just during the event). If prompted while logging in to the webinar, click “yes,” “grant,” “trust,” etc. to accept the download.
How do I submit a question during the virtual workshop?
Use the question feature in the GoToWebinar panel that appears on your screen after you have joined the session. Just type your question in the message field, choose to send to presenters and organizers, and then click send.
My colleagues want to attend the virtual workshop. Can I forward the “join webinar” link that I received in my confirmation e-mail to them?
No. Each attendee receives a unique URL (link) for the live virtual workshop. Your colleagues must register separately to be able to participate. Send your co-workers the registration links above instead.
Fees may be submitted at any time. They need not accompany your registration form. An invoice will be issued for any fees not paid by the training session date. If you require a signed voucher to submit payment, please forward it to MCIT. We do not accept credit cards.
Cancellation Policy: Individuals registered for training sessions will not be billed for cancellations made at least one week prior to the session. Cancellations received after the deadline will be billed for the entire registration fee.