Request a Certificate of Coverage
All requests for certificates of coverage must be made electronically through the online MCIT member portal.
MCIT does not accept requests using paper or electronic forms nor accepts requests made by phone or e-mail.
- If you have questions about how to submit a certificate of coverage request, call MCIT at 1.866.547.6516 or e-mail email@example.com.
- If you have questions about a specific certificate request, contact the assigned MCIT underwriting technician or the underwriting manager, Gary Severson (866.547.6516, ext. 6410 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Where to Submit Requests
All requests for certificates of coverage must be completed and submitted through the online MCIT member portal from which you choose the appropriate task.
How to Submit a Certificate of Coverage Request
Note: Once you begin a form, you must complete it and submit it in one sitting. You cannot log off and log in later to finish it. The system does not save partially completed requests.
Download Certificate of Coverage Request Instructions as a PDF.
- Log in to MCIT website.
- On the home page, click Submit Coverage Changes (right under photo slide show).
- You are now at the member portal dashboard that provides access to the certificate of coverage request form and other task options.
- Click the New Certificate
- If you are authorized to submit requests for more than one MCIT member: Under Policy Details, click the spyglass icon and select the member for which you want to request a certificate of coverage at this point.
- Enter information in the form fields, providing as much information as possible.
- Required fields have a red asterisk (*). These fields must be completed or you cannot submit the request. Hover balloons provide helpful instructions to assist in processing your request.
- Check the appropriate box if “loss payee” and/or “additional covered party” endorsements are necessary and check all lines of coverage for which proof of coverage is desired.
- Add any comments.
- After you have entered all required fields, select Save Changes located at the top right to submit your request. If you do not click “Save Changes,” the request is not submitted to MCIT nor is it saved.
- Once saved, your request is automatically submitted to MCIT and will appear in the Pending Certificate Request box on the member portal dashboard.
- When processed by MCIT, pending certificates are automatically removed from the list.
- The completed certificate of coverage is mailed to the Certificate Holder or e-mailed if its e-mail address is provided in the request form.
- The completed certificate is e-mailed to the member.
- To provide supporting documentation, send items via e-mail as an attachment to email@example.com.
- To request additional certificates, repeat steps 4 through 6.