The following message is from MCIT’s partner Sand Creek, the Employee Assistance Program administrator, about its response to and support for member employees during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Members are encouraged to take a moment to read the information and share it and the linked materials with their employees.
We here at Sand Creek are committed to offering our support and expertise to you and your employees during the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. We can assure you that our level of service will continue, and we are adding further measures to support our internal processes. We are assessing the situation on a daily basis as we consider the newest data and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and all state/local authorities. To that effect, we wanted to share with you some of the steps Sand Creek is taking in response to the current challenge:
- We have instituted a COVID-19 Pandemic Response Team led by our chief medical officer, Dr. Fred Kohanna, to continuously monitor vetted sources of information on developments and to adjust our operations in accordance with the current recommendations.
- We continue to provide 24/7/365 clinical in-the-moment counseling support to individuals in need and consultation to management on a variety of organizational and client issues related to COVID-19 and all other work/performance-related issues. We are available to all levels of leadership and employees within your organization.
- We have modified our intake and assessment procedures to offer additional counseling options to include virtual and telephonic sessions. Current open cases will be offered these options moving forward.
- We are offering virtual sessions for any training requests. Prior to any on-site responses for trainings or critical incidents, we will be screening all of our staff and affiliates for any potential exposure.
- We will be offering informational webinars covering the challenges of the pandemic and how it relates to and impacts the professional and personal lives of employers, HR professionals and employees.
- All staff have been instructed on current and recommended protocol for preventing/limiting exposure and are operating in accordance as those protocols are updated when new information becomes known.
We will continue to monitor this challenge as it develops, and we will keep you informed of any significant changes. If you have any questions related to our operations and response to this situation, please contact us at 1.800.550.6248.
Sand Creek values its ongoing partnership with you during this time of uncertainty and recognizes the commitment you have for making your employees’ lives better. Please share the following materials with your staff:
- COVID-19: Normal Reactions to Abnormal Events: People react in different ways to abnormal events. There is no right or wrong way to feel after experiencing an unsettling event. This document provides information about common reactions to abnormal events and how to cope.
- Talking with Children about Coronavirus: Offers tips for adults to discuss the pandemic with children and provides facts about the disease.