The new Type Like a T-rex campaign developed by MCIT highlights three easy steps that employees can follow to position themselves correctly while using a computer. When an employee’s workstation is arranged properly, individuals are more comfortable, less likely to be injured and are more productive.
Type Like a T-rex materials are provided at no cost to MCIT members as part of the Work Wisely program and include:
- Fun video: Embed on the organization’s intranet, provide a link to staff or play it during a team meeting
- Wall poster: Hang near computer workstations and in high-traffic areas
- Popup handout: Pass out at team meetings or place at workstations to greet staff when they arrive for the day
- Jpeg image: Use in a variety of ways, such as in an e-mail to staff, on your organization’s intranet, in the employee newsletter, etc.
Members should consider introducing the concept during a staff meeting by playing the short video and distributing the popup handout. Follow up with e-mails and postings to the intranet and hanging posters around the office.
These materials can be used in conjunction with the “Your Guide: A Comfortable Workstation” pamphlet. It provides further ways to set up a computer work area for optimal comfort.
Get Materials Now
- Visit MCIT.org/Work-Wisely/ to access all materials.
- Contact MCIT to request printed popup handouts.
Members can connect with their MCIT loss control consultant for more ergonomics information or ways to support a positive safety culture at 1.866.547.6516.