Submitting Claims, Coverage Changes to MCIT Is Easy
Much of the information members must report to MCIT can be done through completing simple forms. Many can be submitted electronically. Members should call 1.866.547.6516 or e-mail MCIT with any questions they have about submitting claims, providing changes to property schedules, requesting certificates of coverage or completing other reporting requirements.
MCIT recommends that each member designate a general gatekeeper for reporting claims and data to MCIT. This person is typically the MCIT primary contact, property/casualty contact or workers’ compensation contact.
Access the MCIT member portal to submit all claims, make coverage changes, request certificates of coverage and view schedules. Click links on the left for instructions to submit any type of claim, request a coverage change, request a certificate of coverage and view schedules.
Click the links below to access workers’ compensation guides and other forms, such as the Employee Accident Report and Workers’ Compensation Claims Guide.
- Employee Accident/Incident Investigation Report sample form: Download the Word Document
- Temporary Pharmacy Form (a.k.a. First Fill form)
- Workers’ Compensation Claim Reporting Guide
- Workers’ Compensation Classification Codes Book
- Return to Work Policy guide
- Report of Work Ability form
All MCIT auto, property, liability, data compromise/cyber-attack and bond claims should be reported as soon as possible.
Contact the MCIT property/casualty claims manager at 1.866.547.6516, ext. 6432 or firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if:
- You receive or are served any of the following:
- summons and complaint
- notice from the Minnesota Department of Human Rights
- notice from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- You become aware of any nonemployee fatality or serious injury. (For employee fatalities or injuries, contact MCIT’s workers’ compensation claims manager at 1.866.547.6516 or afterhours at 651.343.4359.)
MCIT business hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Claim emergencies can be reported 24 hours a day by calling 1.866.547.6516.
State Reporting Requirements for Auto Accidents
Every driver in an auto accident involving $1,000 or more in property damage or injury or death must complete the Minnesota Motor Vehicle Crash Report and send it to Driver and Vehicle Services within 10 days of the incident. Failure to provide this information is a misdemeanor under Minnesota Statute Section 169.09, subdivision 7.
MCIT cannot and does not complete or submit this form to the state on behalf of members. It is the member’s responsibility to complete and submit the Motor Vehicle Crash Report to the state.
What to Do When You Receive Notice of a Possible Property or Liability Claim
- Submit the claim to MCIT.
- Direct your officials and employees that they should not speak with attorneys, insurance company representatives or any other parties not associated with MCIT. Refer all inquiries to MCIT.
- In cases involving vandalism or theft, notify the appropriate authorities so that MCIT may request their investigative report for the claim file.
Property and Liability Guides and Other Forms
Certificate of MCIT Coverage
To request a certificate of coverage, members must complete the online form in the member portal.