Quick Takes are scripts that serve as short safety talks to remind staff about safe work practices. This Quick Take focuses the importance of aerial lift inspections before starting work and general safety guidelines. Quick Takes help keep safety in the forefront of employees’ minds and demonstrate a commitment to safety on the part of the organization by improving safety culture. The Quick Take also offers an opportunity for employees to ask questions, discuss safety topics and develop solutions to specific hazards while encouraging communication.
Aerial Lifts Quick Take Training Overview and Objectives
- Overview: Covers the importance of aerial lift inspections before starting work and general safety guidelines.
- Purpose: Train employees about the importance of pre-start inspections and general safety to prevent injuries.
- Read and become familiar with this quick take. Change as needed to reflect procedures and personnel in your department.
- Review the owner’s manual or manufacturer guidelines for the specific lift.
- Handout: Quick Review of Safety: Aerial Lifts
Supervisors typically give the Quick Take talks during regularly scheduled or informal meetings. To improve their effectiveness as a training tool, all Quick Takes should be modified to reflect the needs and situations of your specific workplace. Quick Takes are not designed to take the place of regular formal training.