Quick Takes are scripts that serve as short talks to remind staff about safe practices related to data security. This Quick Take focuses on the importance of secure data storage and destruction of sensitive data. Quick Takes help keep data security in the forefront of employees’ minds and demonstrate a commitment to security on the part of the organization. The Quick Take also offers an opportunity for employees to ask questions, discuss security topics and develop solutions to specific exposures while encouraging communication.
Data Storage and Destruction Quick Take Training Overview and Objectives
- Overview: Covers the importance of secure storage and destruction of sensitive data.
- Reminds employees about the hazards of unsecured storage and destruction of sensitive data.
- Provides methods to store and destroy data securely so as to prevent data breaches and system intrusion.
- Read and become familiar with this Quick Take. Change as needed to reflect procedures and personnel in your department.
- Review applicable policies within your organization and update the Quick Take to reflect those.
- Handouts: Quick Review of Data Security—Data Storage and Destruction
Supervisors typically give the Quick Take talks during regularly scheduled or informal meetings. To improve their effectiveness as a training tool, all Quick Takes should be modified to reflect the needs and situations of your specific workplace. Quick Takes are not designed to take the place of regular formal training.