Quick Takes are scripts that serve as short training for staff. This Quick Take focuses on the features and benefits of the Employee Assistance Program for those who are in supervisory role. The Quick Take offers an opportunity for employees to ask questions about the program.
Employee Assistance Program for Supervisors Quick Take Training Overview and Objectives
- Overview: Provides details for supervisors about the Employee Assistance Program provided through MCIT to employees and elected officials.
- Give supervisors a basic understanding of what the EAP is.
- Provide information about services available to supervisors as part of the EAP contract and services outside the contract that are available for a fee.
- Provide tips on how to recognize changing behavior that may be due to an emotional or personal problem or substance use or misuse that may be affecting an employee’s job performance.
- Preparation: Read and become familiar with the Quick Take. Change as needed to reflect procedures and personnel in your department.
Supervisors typically give the Quick Take talks during regularly scheduled or informal meetings. To improve their effectiveness as a training tool, all Quick Takes should be modified to reflect the needs and situations of your specific workplace.