Quick Takes are scripts that serve as short safety talks to remind staff about safe work practices. This Quick Take focuses on when and how to use the Workplace Injury Hotline for on-the-job injuries. Quick Takes help keep safety in the forefront of employees’ minds and demonstrate a commitment to safety on the part of the organization by improving safety culture. The Quick Take also offers an opportunity for employees to ask questions, discuss safety topics and develop solutions to specific hazards while encouraging communication.
Workplace Injury Hotline Quick Take Training Overview and Objectives
- Overview: Covers basics of illness prevention, including hand and respiratory hygiene, disinfectants and taking sick time.
- Purpose: Remind employees of illness prevention tips to keep people safe and healthy.
- Read and become familiar with this quick take. Change as needed to reflect procedures and personnel in your department.
- Bring some hand sanitizer to use as an example. Review workplace sick policy and how to take a sick day.
- Handouts: Quick Review of Safety—Illness Prevention
Supervisors typically give the Quick Take talks during regularly scheduled or informal meetings. To improve their effectiveness as a training tool, all Quick Takes should be modified to reflect the needs and situations of your specific workplace. Quick Takes are not designed to take the place of regular formal training.