Speaker Services for Member and Association Training
MCIT can provide individual members or affiliated associations with in-person training presentations to help manage risks and reduce losses. Speaker services are provided as part of membership in MCIT. Availability is based upon MCIT staff schedules. A minimum audience of 20 people is preferred.
MCIT staff present on a variety of topics, including :
- MCIT Coverage
- Governance concerns, such as joint powers, data practices and Open Meeting Law
- Loss control issues, such as safety committees; ergonomics; and slip, trip and fall prevention
- Personnel-related risks, such as hiring, employee leaves, discrimination, Veterans Preference Act, performance management, social media in the workplace and shared employees
- Risk management best practices related to independent contractors, volunteers and interns, contracts, and insurance language in contracts and certificates of insurance
- Workers’ compensation issues, such as return to work programs, timely and accurate reporting of injuries and basics of the program
Request Training/Speaker Services
For more information or to schedule an on-site training session, interested parties should contact MCIT Communications Manager. Department heads or managers should coordinate MCIT training requests through their Human Resources department or other staff who handle HR responsibilities.