Employment Opportunities with MCIT
Please explore employment opportunities with MCIT.
Minnesota Counties Intergovernmental Trust (MCIT) is a property/casualty and workers’ compensation risk-sharing pool comprised of Minnesota county governments and affiliated public entities. Established in 1979, MCIT was a pioneer in public entity pooling. Over the years, MCIT has successfully grown and adapted to meet our members’ needs. Few government risk-sharing pools have more longevity than MCIT!
MCIT is a collaborative work environment, drawing on talents and knowledge across departments to develop new ways to meet members’ needs. From daily work through long-term planning, the MCIT staff works together to fulfill its mission: “Providing Minnesota counties and associated members cost-effective coverage with comprehensive and quality risk management services.”
Questions about employment opportunities with MCIT? Call us at 1.866.547.6516 or e-mail email@example.com.
Join the MCIT Team
MCIT offers employees a competitive salary, benefits and a dynamic work environment. Currently, MCIT is seeking to fill the position for a workers’ compensation claims manager.
Workers’ Compensation Claims Manager
The workers compensation claims manager is a full-time position:
- Responsible for leading a team of four lost time adjusters, one medical only adjuster and one nurse case manager
- Responsible for ensuring the team works within MCIT prescribed standards, policies and procedures; industry best practices; and specific member services requirements in an electronic environment.
- Requires aggressive claims management.
- Involves member liaison, information analysis, research activities and delivery of selected membership services.
- A two year degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, insurance or related field
- Four years of practical Minnesota workers’ compensation claims handling experience
- Three years of supervisory/management experience
- Possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle driver’s license
- A four year degree from a college or university in business administration, insurance or related field
- Supervisory/management experience in the area of workers’ compensation claims administration
- Experience working in a paperless claims environment
- Familiarity with principles of Minnesota Workers’ Compensation law
- Experience with an automated bill review process and pharmacy benefits management program
- Experience working with a nurse case manager and consulting physician
- Familiarity with local government, service organizations, associations
Workers’ Compensation Manager Full Job Description
- Download the full Workers’ Compensation Claims Manager Job Description for a complete understanding of the position’s roles, responsibilities and requirements.
- Deadline for applications: Aug. 9, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. CT
- Download MCIT Employment Application
Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Employees of Minnesota Counties Intergovernmental Trust may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program for student loans received under the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program. Learn more …