Individualized Services Assist Members with Loss Control and Workplace Safety Efforts
MCIT provides loss control and safety consultation services. Each member has an assigned MCIT loss control consultant who provides customized assistance. MCIT loss control consultants help members with these safety issues:
- Written safety programs
- Hazard identification, such as workplace safety surveys and reports
- Ergonomic assessments
- OSHA standards interpretation
- Employee injury data analysis
Loss control consultants also can participate in safety committee meetings, conduct employee safety training and provide written loss prevention educational resources.
Have a Question or Concern for an MCIT Loss Control Consultant?
MCIT loss control consultants are ready to answer members’ questions regarding a specific circumstance or a general safety inquiry. Members are encouraged to contact their loss control consultant:
- Debra Sletten: northwest Minnesota
- Bruce Casey: southwest Minnesota
- Nick Lindberg: central and northeast Minnesota
- Brian Doughty: southeast Minnesota
- Keith Ternes: all member counties, focusing on law enforcement personnel injury and illness prevention
Minnesota OSHA Offers Free Workplace Safety Consultation
Minnesota OSHA Workplace Safety Consultation provides free voluntary and confidential workplace safety and health assistance to Minnesota employers. Services include on-site consultation, training, education and outreach. Services are provided by safety and health experts who are highly qualified occupational safety and health professionals.
The Workplace Safety Consultation program is completely separate from MNOSHA Compliance and no citations or fines are issued, provided employers agree to correct all serious hazards identified by Workplace Safety Consultation.
Workplace Safety Consultation contact information: