Navigating Key Land Use Issues
Registration, 8:30 a.m.; Training, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
The “Navigating Key Land Use Issues” offers advice about many of the most pressing land use concerns for Minnesota counties and related governmental organizations.
This seminar is suggested for planning and zoning employees, county commissioners, boards of adjustment members, planning commission members and county attorneys.
- Conditional use permits; presented by Scott Anderson; Rupp, Anderson, Squires and Waldspurger. Including the appropriate factors to weigh in granting, denying and establishing proper conditions
- Top 10 most interesting and important developments in land use; presented by Jay Squires; Rupp, Anderson, Squires and Waldspurger
- Variance procedure; presented by Paul Reuvers; Iverson Reuvers Condon, including the standard and developing a defensible record when granting or denying a variance.
- Correcting procedural or legal issues before and after litigation; presented by Jason Kuboushek, Iverson Reuvers Condon
- Q&A with presenters, attendees have the opportunity to ask the panel of presenters their land use questions
Further details will be available closer to the event date. Members can contact MCIT Communications Manager Heather Larson-Blakestad at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.866.547.6516, ext. 6430 with their questions about program content.
Questions about registration and payment should be directed to the MCIT finance department at email@example.com or 1.866.547.6516.
MCIT will apply for CLEs for this event.
Fees may be submitted at any time. They need not accompany your registration form. An invoice will be issued for any fees not paid by the training session date. If you require a signed voucher to submit payment, please forward it to MCIT. We do not accept credit cards.
Cancellation Policy: Individuals registered for training sessions will not be billed for cancellations made at least one week prior to the session. Cancellations received after the deadline will be billed for the entire registration fee.